The Biochemistry Club is an academic organization that welcomes students of all majors. Our goal is to teach our members about the applications of biochemistry while exposing them to the many opportunities available at Virginia Tech and upon graduation.
Our mission includes:
- Building a community amongst students for social events, networking, and peer tutoring
- Engaging in community outreach in local settings
- Introducing members to speakers including professors, graduate students, and professionals from different parts of industry sharing their stories and paths in the world of biochemistry
Further, we have recently started an ASBMB (American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology) student chapter that you can become a member of to obtain:
- ASBMB membership
- Free ASBMB journal
- Access to scholarships and awards
- Funding for research projects and travel to conferences
We hold club meetings every other Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. via Zoom and discuss ongoing ASBMB Chapter news during the last few minutes.